Ofsted Inspection Report (2019)
This school has a great family feel about it.
Staff and pupils get on very well together and they care for each other.
Pupils enjoy the wide range of exciting activities on offer and outside lessons.
The staff want the best for their pupils.
Parents told us how approachable and helpful the staffs are.
The head teacher has high expectations of the teachers. At the same time, she cares for their personal well-being.
The school clearly develops pupil’s love of reading.
“Reading transports us into different worlds and makes our minds work”
The head teacher has high ambitions for the pupils. She is rightly proud of the consistently outstanding behaviour and positive attitudes of the pupils.
She gives strong leadership to a dedicated team, who are keen to develop their skills further through a well-designed training programme.
The governors are committed and well informed and provide the right balance of support and challenge the school.
Early year’s provision is led by an able teacher. She ensures that the children enjoy a wide range of activities which capture and excite their imagination.
An impressive aspect of the school is the way that pupils learn how to identify risks for themselves. As a result, they can build dens, go pond-dipping and play imaginative games in school grounds without harming themselves or others.
Ofsted Inspection Report (2018)
The school's latest inspection by Ofsted was in June 2018. We are delighted with the improvements we have made to our already 'good' school. The following are some of the key findings of the inspection:
- A unique aspect of the school's ethos is its warm, family atmosphere. Each pupil is known and valued as an indiviudual.
- I am of the opinion that the school has demonstrated strong practice and marked improvement in specific areas.
- Your school's motto 'Happy hearts enquiring minds' perfectly captures the school's spirit and purpose.
- Many parents and carers say how much their children enjoy school.
- The school's safe and inclusive nature also receives high praise from parents.
- You lead an enthusiastic and committed staff team who rise well to the high expectations you set for thier teaching.
- Together, you ensure that pupils have imaginative and memorable experiences that strengthen and build on their prior learning.
- Outdoor learning is a feature of all subjects. Pupils say that it inspires them.
- By the end of year 6, progress and standards in reading are some of the highest in the country.
- Pupils behave very well and are excellent ambassadors for the school.
- Ypu place a strong emphasis on educating pupils about keeping safe online.
- Your school's inclusive culture allows pupils to develop positive attitudes to diversity and appreciate the idea of equality.
- The stunning quality of pupil's artwork is a clear example of thier high standards in this subject.
Read the whole report by clicking on the link at the bottom of the page.
Ofsted Inspection Report (2014)
The school was inspected by Ofsted in May 2014. The following are some of the key findings of the inspection:
- Achievement across school is good as a result of teaching over time which is good and sometimes outstanding.
- Pupils show positive attitudes to learning and are eager to do well in lessons. Pupils reach standards which are consistently above national average by the end of Key Stage 2.
- Attainment by the end of Year 6 has been well above average for more than three years in reading, writing and mathematics. Inspection evidence and school data indicate that current attainment is as strong with many Year 6 pupils achieving the higher levels.
- Pupils behave well and are kind and considerate to one another. They all feel safe and enjoy coming to school as reflected in their above average and improved attendance.
- ‘Friendship’ is the word pupils most frequently used to describe their school and reflects the happy and positive ethos which permeates throughout. This is supported by parents’ very positive views of the school.
- The headteacher has a clear vision and a concerted and determined plan to improve the school further. She is very well supported by all staff and governors who work closely as a team in this small school.
Church Inspection Report (2019)
The school was also inspected by the church in 2019. Key findings included:
You can read the full report below.