Class 2 2019 - 2020
Whilst school is closed, we will be posting work on to these class pages for children to access. We hope you appreciate it will be logistically impossible for staff to mark this work. Thank you for your support in these diffiuclt times for us all.
The current menu is valid until 3rd April. Children should complete as much as possible from the menu rather than the minimum of three that was suggested initially. A new menu will be published week beginning the 6th April. All of this work will be shared when we return to school.
Have a look at the lego maths and garden maths activities to see if there is anything to challenge your child.
#Below is a folder with maths activities to complete. In addition to this, suggested websites are:
- Hamilton Trust will be updating their page each week with maths activities every day. At the minute year one and two actives haven’t been added, but are due to appear soon.
- I See Maths will be running maths activity lessons for KS1. The first one starts 24thMarch 9am. Use the link below. There is a video explaining how the process will work.
- Maths of the Day. This is a great opportunity for active maths at home.
- Third Space Learning have made a wide range of maths resources available to be used. These can be found at the website below.
- Play hit the button - number bonds, doubles, halves and times tables
- Numberblocks videos are short and fun video clips to develop understanding.
Below is a folder with English activities to complete. In addition to this, suggested websites are:
- Hamilton Trust will be updating their pages each week with English activities each day.
- World E Book have opened up their online and audible books to be used during the school closures. They can be found at the website below.
- Oxford Owl has a wide range of levelled E-books for children to read.
- In Phonics lessons the children enjoy the games available on phonics play, especially Obb and Bob or Burried Treasure. They are offering free access to all resources and games. Username: march20 password: home
- Alphablocks is an engaging and fun way to recap learnt letters and sounds. I have added the link to the YouTube site below.
- Phonics games - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/5-7-years/letters-and-sounds
- Spelling games - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/5-7-years/words-and-spelling
- Joe Wicks will be providing a 30 minute workout each day for school children.
- Education City
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/z3g4d2p - KS1 BBC bitesize
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zgkw2hv– KS1 BBC bitesize English
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zjxhfg8– KS1 BBC bitesize Maths
- https://www.educationquizzes.com/ks1/- KS1 Educational quizzes
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/api/interactives/27281.html - 2, 5 and 10 times table quiz
The Literacy Shed has lots of video clips and ideas to inspire writing.
The children in Class Two all love GoNoodle and in school we complete one a day. It is a great way to get moving and quick and simple to set up.